How can Comparity help you with business broadband?
A secure, reliable, and fast broadband connection is essential for most businesses. If you need to use the internet for work, then you should consider business broadband over a standard home broadband deal.
Do I need broadband for my New Zealand business?
Ask yourself how your business would cope without a reliable internet connection. If you take contactless payments, trade online, or use email, then a stable and efficient broadband service is vital.
While business broadband tends to cost more than home broadband, you’re paying for extra features, services and security that means your business can continue to operate online.
”When looking for the right deal, consider the price, reviews, upload and download speeds, contract length, and whether it’s ADSL or fibre broadband.Top TopComparity New Zealand
The extras you get with business broadband over a home service often include:
- A static IP address – essential to run a server, host your website and have email addresses with your domain name
- Dedicated technical support – 24-hour helpline and priority customer service
- Guaranteed service – often with an SLA (service level agreement)
- Faster speeds – upload speeds are often higher with business broadband and have better bandwidth at peak times
- Greater security – firewalls and protection suites including anti-virus software, spyware protection and spam filtering
- VoIP Services – free online calls are a common feature
Business phone and broadband
As with home broadband, some providers will bundle business broadband and phone deals together, which could be cost effective if your company needs both.
You can choose whether to include phone options when comparing business broadband.
Mobile business broadband may also be offered as part of a bundle, especially if your provider is part of a mobile network.
What’s the best broadband for working from home?
Depending on your usage then a home broadband connection might fit your needs but be sure to check the terms and conditions. Essentially you should make sure you have a fast connection.
If you’re making video calls and sending large files throughout the day, then you may want to look at faster connections, unlimited usage, and business broadband.
What is priority network access?
At peak times of internet use your business will take priority over home users. It’s a common feature of business broadband and means your company can operate online during the busiest times of day.